Sunday, August 16, 2009

Maxim Ludwig & The Santa Fe Seven


Let me preface this post, I'm biased. I manage this artist, but after 20 years, making close to 100 albums and selling more than 40 million I feel I I've earned a right to my opinion regarding talent. Maxim Ludwig is probably one of the most talented artists I have ever had the privilege to be involved with. After a stunning performance at Stagecoach Festival he has been enjoying a month long residency at the Hotel Cafe here in Los Angeles. Following the first night of his residency, Randy Lewis, music critic of the Los Angeles Times, wrote a review of the show that appeared in the paper titled "Maxim Ludwig tears fearlessly into uncharted territory" . As a true reflection as to where we are in this business Maxim has neither a record or publishing deal, but what he/we does have is a strong team that is building up around him. More importantly, he continues to amaze me with his prolific songwriting, penning at least a song a day as well as a youthful perspective and eagerness, as Randy Lewis states, to go into "uncharted territory" that so many artists and people in the business are scared to venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment